“[Ketamine treatment] lifted the shade that has obscured the light, and [with psychotherapy] I now have the awareness that I can get up and open the window to let in what I kept on the other side of the glass”
- 37 year old woman with depression coupled to post-traumatic stress due to verbal abuse in childhood that was reactivated while in a relationship with a controlling and manipulative boyfriend
- “I just feel more open to doing things – the want is there”
- 64 year old woman with paraplegia and chronic neuropathic pain from a spinal cord injury depression describes the increased psychological awareness that helps ease her ability to be in the world and lessens the intensity of pain flares.
- “[With in office ketamine treatment], My mood is improved – yes, that happened. And more than that, I am able to go with the flow – more able to accept the realities of the world; forget about whether it was right or wrong – and work with it [specifically the pain]. Got the boulder off my shoulder, and the wisdom of knowing”
- 32 year old male with binge drinking patterns and social anxiety
- “I just felt clear – like I didn’t need anything outside of myself”